Bathtub Reglazing NYC / New York
A bathtub is one of the most used items in a home. For this reason, it can begin to look worn and stained after just a few years of use. The question then comes up as to whether the tub should be replaced with a new tub or if reglazing the tub's surface is a better solution. Replacing an old tub with a brand new one can be very expensive and time consuming. A more cost-effective solution is bathtub reglazing because it can be done quickly, smoothly, and with a far smaller price tag. Going the reglazing route, will be a time and money saver, and will allow you to use your tub in a fraction of the time that replacing it will.
Reglazing a bathtub is not a particularly difficult task to accomplish. With patience and a little preparation, you may likely be able to complete this procedure on your own. You can purchase bathtub refinishing kits at most home improvement stores. The average reglazing job takes about 3-4 hours to complete from beginning to end. Additionally, you will need to wait 24 hours after applying the glaze before you can use the tub again.
Here are some simple preparations and steps you will need to complete if you decide to reglaze your bathtub yourself:
- You need to scrub the entire tub surface with sandpaper (220-240 grit).
- The next step is to rinse the residue with warm water and then allow it to completely dry.
- Using an industrial cleaning solution remove any oil or soap scum off the tub's surface and rinse.
- After the tub has dried from the cleansing process, the reducing primer must be applied.
- You are now ready to apply the base coat. Apply it 2 to 3 times.
- Give the base coat a complete 24 hours to dry.
After the base coat has completely dried your glazing job is complete. As you can see, the process is really quite simple. However, not everyone has the desire to glaze their own tub. We understand this and that is why we are offering you a free consultation with one of our highly trained professionals. Let us save you valuable time and money with our bathtub reglazing services. Give us a call today.